e.Republic is a media and research company focused exclusively on state and local government and education. Our corporate headquarters are based in Folsom, CA.
Our award-winning publications, news websites, and the more than 150 annual events we produce as well as our research operations are acknowledged as setting the gold standard in the publishing world.
We are looking for a Business Development Support Manager who will be responsible for developing new customers, re-activating former customers, helping the VP work with existing customers, and providing any and all sales assistance to ensure that the team makes monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Responsible for high volume of phone calls and emails to both new prospects and existing accounts (as directed by the VP).
- Working on strategic proposals as directed by the VP.
- Following up on proposals and contracts as needed.
- Working with regional sales people and regional decision makers as needed.
- Positioning e.Republic and its brands, products and services to potential clients and current clients.
- Qualifying prospects and getting them interested in e.Republic products or services.
- Scheduling phone or in-person sales appointments for VP, and providing any assistance as needed in the sales process.
- Following up on phone calls with custom-tailored e-mails to elicit reach and positive response from prospects.
- Seeking out new customers and creating new sales opportunities through internet research and targeted outreach actions.
- Updating and maintaining SalesForce on a regular basis (account maintenance and statistical tracking).
- Conducting needed research on new companies in preparation to introductory calls with new clients or potential clients.
- Effectively using company promotional materials to further engage potential customers.
- Using Eloqua (marketing software) to create leads.
- Responding to all leads assigned within 24 business hours.
- Providing proposals out within 48 hours of request or client appointments.
- Doing all necessary follow-up in a timely manner.
- Cultivating excellent relationships between clients and potential clients within your respective sales team (such as, being responsible for excellent communication delivery, both verbal and in writing, following up on proposals, etc.).
- Sales of specifically designated e.Republic products or services to assigned accounts (as directed by the VP).
- Working on top accounts for the team as directed by the VP. This can include making calls, setting up appointments and meetings, getting in POs and contracts once sold, creating and sending proposals, etc.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and attending seminars which expands one’s knowledge.
- Assisting with any task as assigned and determined by the VP.
- Maintaining outreach statistics, such as: Developed Opportunities, Pitches, email outflow campaigns etc., as assigned by the VP.
Number of appointments made
Number of new customers, reactivated customers and expanded customers
Monthly billable sales
Number of sales-oriented cycles that support the team