Do you have a passion for writing? Do you believe that marketing (done right) can be meaningful and create relevant connections? Our marketing team is seeking a copywriter to write actionable, effective content that will help us build our brand and increase engagement. The ideal candidate should be creative, detail-oriented, open to thoughtful experimentation, enjoy being part of a team — and most of all — write content that drives customer action! The position involves writing and editing marketing content for emails, social media posts, advertising campaigns, brochures and other corporate outreach. If you are interested in being part of a team where you can grow and build your career — and possibly change the world — join us!
e.Republic is a media and research company focused exclusively on state and local government and education, with our corporate headquarters based in Folsom, CA. Our award-winning publications, websites, more than 150 annual events and highly respected research operations are acknowledged as setting the gold standard in their respective fields. Our work has been cited in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Time, The Washington Post and USA Today.
You can learn more about us by visiting http://www.erepublic.com/
• Research, write, edit and proof engaging content for online, offline, external and internal collateral (emails, social media posts, website content, datasheets, brochures, postcards, etc.) and communicate the products’ unique benefits and value to potential clients.
• Follow AP Style and e.Republic Style Guide requirements; consistently incorporate and apply e.Republic messaging (positioning statements/language) as needed.
• Perform copy editing or proofreading as needed to other departments and individuals within e.Republic.
• Use Salesforce to track promotional email activity (in Marketing Calendar), manage workload, find/replace sales collateral, etc.
• Work with Marketing Director on other marketing activities as assigned.
• Excellent copy editing and proofing skills
• Must be able to work under strict deadlines
• Must be articulate with excellent grammar and spelling skills
• Ability to write persuasively, directly and concisely
• Ability to work with several stakeholders to develop and finalize marketing or sales documents
• Strong organizational skills
• Must know AP Style
• Strong attention to detail
• High degree of accuracy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• General analytical aptitude to understand email analytics, datasets, etc.
• Dexterity to work on multiple, concurrent projects and reprioritize workload as needed in a fast-paced environment
• Fluency in Microsoft Outlook and Word; working knowledge of PowerPoint; ability to learn Salesforce, Adobe InCopy, Hootsuite