Last week, our SVP Phil Bertolini sat down with NC State CIO James Weaver during a 30-minute virtual chat. (See video below). Weaver shared insights into what’s happening across the state’s gov tech landscape, including his IT priorities.
Here’s a quick recap:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Embracing AI to revolutionize state operations, from streamlining IT procurement to innovative contract management.
- Broadband Access and Digital Equity: Expanding efforts to connect households and businesses to broadband as a foundational step towards digital transformation.
- Cybersecurity & Privacy Enhancements: Strengthening the state’s stance on privacy and cybersecurity, with initiatives to empower the Chief Privacy Officer and craft a comprehensive privacy strategy.
- Modernizing Legacy Systems: Committing to modernizing critical systems, including HR, taxation, and grants management, as part of a broader strategy to overhaul North Carolina’s IT infrastructure.
- Balancing Privacy, Security, and Accessibility: Focusing on the synergy between privacy, security and accessibility, emphasizing a human-centric technology adoption strategy.
What’s next? The North Carolina IT Leadership Forum is an excellent opportunity to engage with CIO Weaver and state IT leaders on these issues in a relaxed setting. This exclusive event brings together senior leaders and rising stars in state and local government who are dedicated to advancing leadership, decision-making and IT management skills. It addresses the unique challenges of serving their communities through technology.
Sponsoring vendors have an opportunity to engage with decision-makers, forge partnerships and drive technological advancements in government.
Learn more about attending or sponsoring here.